First Things, First!
What’s the first thing you see when you enter your friends’ kitchens? Rather, what is the first thing that you notice? With marble countertops, you’d better believe it’ll be the first thing your friends will take stock in. Marble is classy, sophisticated, and elegant. It’s sheen and brightness is awe-inspiring. It’s durable, long-lasting, and versatile.
Advantages of Marble
Marble countertops are highly prized for several reasons, not the least of which is their beautiful appearance.
- Marble comes in all colors and shades. It can be bright or dark and in every color of the rainbow. If you shop around, you can find exactly the right hue to match your palette preference!
- Marble countertops are very easy to clean, and all but immune to water damage and germs because they are sealed with a non-porous surface.
- Marble is a very hard stone, which is hard to chip or break. If properly cared for, marble countertops could last more than a hundred years and still be in factory condition!
A World of Difference
Marble is mined from all over the world! It can be found in Britain, Italy, Germany, Spain, India, Canada, and any number of other countries.
The many seams that make up marble’s rich coloration are anything but uniform. No two marble countertops, even from the same mine on the same day will be exactly the same! Your countertops will be as unique as you are and just as striking.
Some Drawbacks to Consider
There are drawbacks to marble to keep in mind if you’d like to install marble countertops, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages:
- No two pieces of marble are quite alike, so finding a matching piece for replacement or repair is nearly impossible.
- While marble stone itself is able to withstand temperatures well above those used in a kitchen, the sealant covering it may be damaged by hot pans.
- If the sealant on your marble countertops is damaged, you will need a professional to come out to strip and re-seal your marble.
- Marble stone can become discolored by excessive heat.
For these reasons, heat pads are recommended between very hot items and countertops. If you like the idea of moving pans to and from the counter without worry, you may consider the beauty and durability of stainless steel countertops or butcher block countertops interspersed with your marble countertops.
Marble in the Morning, Marble in the Evening, Marble at Supper Time
Marble countertops are excellent for food preparation and baking, but marble doesn’t have to be limited to the kitchen. It is also wonderful for bathroom counters, game room tables, and dining tables.
Because marble is such an attractive choice for home decor, it is also somewhat costly, ranging from $125 to $250 per square foot. But what’s cost when you have something that can truly last a lifetime? Your children and your grandchildren will be able to enjoy the choices you’ve made for your family home.
Talk to Us Today!
If you are looking into transforming your house into a family home that will last generations, there has never been a better time to than right now or a better place to start than with marble countertops. With Tenlist.com it’s easy to find the marble countertops that fit your style and wallet. Just click the link and enter your zip code to get started.