Kitchen remodeling is probably the most common home improvement remodeling project. We spend a lot of time in our kitchens, and having the kitchen remodeled can make a big difference on the curb appeal, value, and overall feel of the home. You might say the kitchen is the heart of a home, and it sets the standards for the rest of the house. Having the kitchen remodeled is a big project and can be expensive, so be sure to hire the right contractor to make your dream kitchen remodel a reality.
Make Sure You Have a Plan of Action Before You Start!
For kitchen remodeling projects; you should always start off with a plan of action. Take some time to draw up the existing kitchen and brainstorm ideas on what you would like to see changed. That way, when you talk the project over with your kitchen remodel contractor, he/she can help you to make everything come together and maybe even improve on your design ideas.
You should always take some time to consider important factors that will affect the overall project.
- Plan/design – Brainstorm and come up with the basic idea of how you want the kitchen remodel to change the existing kitchen. You might want to add an island, or add cabinet space, etc. Regardless, be sure to have options for your remodel project, and keep in mind that at the planning stage it is not set in stone yet, and you can discuss details with your contractor later on.
- Budget – You need to come up with a budget to determine what you can realistically afford your kitchen remodel project. Be sure to account for extra materials to accommodate cuts, waste, and don’t forget to set aside at least ten percent for unexpected costs and obstacles that may need to be overcome. You don’t want to get eighty percent through your kitchen remodel project and realize you are going to run out of cash flow before it can be completed!
- Get the right contractor – Finding the right kitchen remodel contractor for your home kitchen remodel can be the difference in good results, and great results. A quality kitchen remodel contractor will take the time to establish good communication, help you get your design plans set in stone and help you determine the cost of the project to keep you on budget.
- Establish communication – Failing to have a good communication established with your contractor can lead to miscommunication, poor timing, sub-contractors not getting their part done in a timely manner, etc. Having a good communication can help you to avoid unnecessary problems and wasted time for both you and the contractors and workers.
- Be mindful of build codes/permits – There are many cases where you will need to acquire permits, and several local build codes that must be adhered to for a project to pass inspection. This is especially important when its comes to the electrical systems, any gas lines, plumbing etc. to all be up to code. If the remodel project fails to adhere to some codes, it will have to be re-done and that can lead to much higher expense, and longer project timeframes. Be sure to discuss any permits, or build codes that will be part of the project ahead of time with your contractor.
Make Your Dream Kitchen Remodel a Reality!
When it comes to your home kitchen remodel project, there are many factors to consider. Be sure to take your time, and spend ample time discussing the details with your kitchen remodel contractor to ensure you get the results you want. You are spending your hard earned money, and the final results can have lasting impacts on your homes curb appeal and value for years to come, so be sure that you do not skip out or take short cuts that could cost you later on!
When it comes to your home improvements remember, you can always count on your friends at Tenlist.com to always connect you with your trusted local contractors! Let us connect you today with your trusted local kitchen remodel contractors, and make your dream kitchen a reality!