Bathroom remodeling is one of the common major home improvements that can really have a big impact on the first impression, curb appeal, and overall value of the home. Making sure that your home bathroom remodeling project is a success should be the ultimate goal of both you the homeowner; as well as the trusted local contractor that you are working with for your unique home remodel project.
Make Sure You Have a Plan of Action Before You Start!
Many people seem to want to just hire a contractor and all of a sudden poof; their dream bathroom happens almost overnight. This would be wonderful, however it is not realistic; to ensure you have a truly successful bathroom remodel project, you need to do your part!
There are a few things you should get sorted out and ready before you sit down and discuss your project with your bathroom remodel contractor.
- Plan/design – Brainstorm and come up with the general idea of what you want your bathroom remodel project to entail. This is just a rough idea, focus on function and the purpose your bathroom will serve; not just what kinds of materials you want to use, but how you want the overall design to work to make your dream bathroom.
- Budget – You need to come up with a realistic budget that you can set aside for your overall bathroom remodel project. Be sure that you allow yourself some cushion room in the budget so that don’t go over budget. Your budget is important, be sure to discuss it with your contractor when discussing your bathroom remodel project.
- Get the right contractor – Getting the right contractor can make all the difference for the end results of your bathroom remodel project. You want a competent, experienced, and caring contractor that will work hard to earn your business and help you to get the bathroom remodel project results that you are looking for in your home.
- Establish communication – For any home improvement project, you need to establish a strong level of communication with the contractor. This will help you to discuss the project, and overcome unforeseen obstacles as they arise. Failing to communicate well can lead to a less than satisfactory experience in any scenario, so be sure to have good communication with your contractor.
- Be mindful of build codes/permits – For many home improvement projects, there are build codes that must be adhered too, and in some cases permits that need to be acquired for certain improvements. You must be mindful of these things, and plan accordingly. Don’t stretch your budget too thin, and not account for these less thought of aspects of the home improvement realm. Be sure to talk about your design ideas, and discuss any potential codes/permits your project will have to adhere too.
Be Reasonable, and Account for the Important Things
Remember, you can have just about anything done for your home bathroom remodel project; however you ought to utilize what is available to its fullest extent. Moving plumbing lines, or demolishing walls can lead to many unexpected problems and extra expenses. Keep this in mind, and always be sure to discuss your project details with your trusted bathroom remodel contractor. They are willing to help, and in many cases can offer ideas and tips on making your bathroom remodel project an even greater success!
When it comes to your home improvements remember, you can always count on your friends at Tenlist.com to always connect you with your trusted local contractors! Get connected today, and take the first step towards your dream bathroom remodel project for your next home improvement endeavor!